Thursday, June 14, 2012

Reflections from Adelphean Compass

Collegians at Leadership Seminar 2010.
After Leadership Seminar 2010, Alpha Delta Pi sent out surveys to all the attendees asking what they thought of the programs. We got a great response and we’re going to showcase some responses from these surveys. Yesterday we showcased responses from IMPACT attendees and now we’re focusing on Adelphean Compass participants.

We hope these great responses show the 2012 attendees all there is to look forward to at LS. Now let’s see what our 2010 chapter presidents thought of the program. 

Attendees enjoyed meeting other chapter presidents and bonding over shared experiences during LS.

“I was able to meet many more people at Leadership Seminar than at Grand Convention the previous year. It was also nice to be around other Chapter Presidents who experience the same frustrations. I made so many great friends and became closer with almost all of the chapter Presidents in my District.”

“I enjoyed meeting other chapter presidents and being able to relate to them. It was also nice to bounce ideas off of each other and gain strategies that we could use to strengthen our own chapters.”

The Alpha Delta Pi Fountain at
Wesleyan College.

Adelphean Compass attendees raved about the trip to Macon. We can’t wait to share this experience with the 2012 participants.

“I loved seeing Memorial Headquarters! You know that when you send off mail and email to EO that it is going somewhere, but to physically see where you are sending things, and the desks of Sisters that you are communicating with really brought home how important what I am doing is. Also, the history of the house was amazing and the nostalgia of everything was moving!”

“Just seeing all the history, it made everything we do much more realistic. I wish my chapter could experience it, they would really understand the meaning of ritual and ADPi so much more.”

“The whole trip made me realise how much bigger ADPi is than my own chapter, it's about so much more. Going to the grave site just made everything seem so real. ADPis always wish they could come do and see the things I saw on this trip and I am very blessed to have been able to come. It was just amazing to see where our founders once stood and try to imagine the hardships they went through to create Alpha Delta Pi! This by far was the best part of the trip for me it just made me see the bigger picture and want to become a beter person and leader!”

Overall, chapter presidents were very pleased with the Adelphean Compass program.

2010 Adelphean Compass Participants.
“I absolutely loved the idea for each chapter to have their own vision, to really sit down and come up with something specific for our needs. It really motivated me to think about a vision for my chapter. I'm excited to go back to school with new refreshed ideas on how to continuously improve our chapter.”

“I had the most amazing time with all my sisters and learning about who I am, who my chapter is, and the great things we can accomplish together. It was a great reminder of why I chose the best sorority ever to be my home. I have the greatest appreciation for all the women that put this program together, y'all truly made a difference.”

Be sure to follow our blog, you can follow by email on the right hand side of the site, and catch more blog posts leading up to Leadership Seminar 2012!

What do you think of these survey responses? Do they make you excited to attend LS in two weeks?

No comments:

Post a Comment