Thursday, June 21, 2012

Atlanta + Summer + ADPi = One Incredible Pi-Tastic Weekend!

By: Jackie Mills, Co-Recruitment Director, District IV



Happy Thursday! My name is Jackie Mills, and I am a Co-Recruitment Director in District IV. This year, I will be attending Leadership Seminar as an International Officer (IO). Woot Woot!
I was a SLC during the last LS. Here's the
09-10 and 10-11 LCs with Annie Durant.

During Leadership Seminar, International Officer Teams, District Teams, and Committees/Subcommittees will have meetings, meetings, and more meetings! Being from all across the country, this is a fabulous time for everyone to come together face-to-face to train, share ideas, solve problems, and re-visit and set goals. Different IOs have different objectives for their collaboration times, but the most important goal is keeping Alpha Delta Pi first and finest forever!

In addition to overpacking (let's be honest!), most IOs are spending this week on last-minute details--organizing all of their officer information, finishing any projects or committee tasks, making lists of things to accomplish in meetings, and getting excited to see old (and new!) friends and meet with collegiate leaders.

I hope my blog posts from ATL next weekend will be filled with smiles and sunshine--and give you a) insight into what IOs do at LS, b) inspire YOU to be an IO someday, and c) love ADPi even more!

This is me and Theta Theta's first two LS attendees-Hannah Leech and 12-13 LC Mary Simeoli.

 
My Top Ten For LS (In case you were wondering...)

10. Teach the hotel staff ADPi chants

9. Share and discuss ways to improve Alpha Education on the Priority One TME Committee

8. Blog and tweet lots of fun updates from ATL (diamond explosion, anyone?)

7. Collaborate on action plans for chapter success with other District IV Team members

6. Avoid buying so much ADPi stuff that my luggage is overweight

5. Learn new recruitment ideas strategies--and have a blast with the other RDs

4. Enjoy a glass of sweet tea and a fresh praline (my Atlanta tradition!)

3. Sit next to a new sister at every meal (tweet me if you would like a breakfast/lunch/dinner buddy!)

2. Wear something blue, white, violet, or lion- or diamond-themed, each day  

1. Take a diamond photo with International President Tammie Pinkston (of course!)

 The 10-11 LCs and SLCs having some fun!

You can absolutely follow my up-to-the minute updates @JackieSueMills.

Have a question or want to add to my Top Ten? Go for it and connect away!

No comments:

Post a Comment