Sunday, June 24, 2012

LS from a LC's perspective

By: Andrea Farnan, Senior Leadership Consultant


This is it all began for us at Loyola Chicago! Here, Cristina Perez and
I are tabling on campus to recruit potential new members.

You know that feeling you get when you cant believe another school years over already? Surprisingly, it doesnt go away post-graduation! From attending last years convention in Arizona as a newly-hired LC to getting ready for LS as a Senior Leadership Consultant, its hard to believe how fast this year has passed.

Spending time with Loyola colony members at a
fun sisterhood event.

Graduating from George Washington University Alpha Pi Chapter - in May 2011, I couldnt wait to get started! Convention, summer training and getting to live at EO, and the first few visits flew by. I started my travels in Georgia, helping with recruitment and getting to meet chapter members at one of the most fun (and stressful!) times of the year. Despite having a million things to do to get ready for PNMs, chapter members still found time to take me on tours of their campuses and towns and share what they loved about being an ADPi. I will never forget one brave woman who told me ADPi was her only network of people who truly cared about her.

Standing with LC Cristina Perez, International President Ms. Tammie Pinkston, and LC Anna Kate Sumler at Theta Mus Installation Banquet where they got their chapters charter.

 I spent a majority of the year working with the Loyola University Chicago Colony. I loved working with the women who are now charter members of Theta Mu Chapter and the colonization process itself was an incredible experience. Having watched the sisters getting to know each other for the first time on Bid Day and knowing how close their sisterhood and leadership had become at the end of the year really shows how much can change over a year.
Next year, I will be working as an SLC with our Santa Clara Colony and am looking forward to another opportunity to help Alpha Delta Pi grow.  And about this year flying by so quickly? As they always say, time flies when youre having fun!


Getting to go to their end-of-the-year Formal was so much fun for me. I got to see all the hard work of the Director of Social Enrichment and other chapter leaders, as well as how strong their sisterhood became by the end of the year. Here I am with Staci, a freshman member. From cooking with her at RMH to hearing about her time this summer at leadership conference BE THE PERSON, I know she is one of the many sisters who will lead the future of Alpha Delta Pi!
I can't wait to be reunited with the other LCs, as well as, getting to know the incoming LCs better and catch up with some of the chapter leaders I have gotten to work with this year. I know what it feels like to start your summer with so much anticipation. I'm even going to be going through LS as a participant in Adelphean Compass for the first time.

If you see me at LS, be sure to say hi! I love meeting new sisters and you can follow my updates throughout my next year working for ADPi on Twitter at @AndreaFarnan.

[Editor's Note:] Collegians if think you might be interested in becoming a LC, be sure to attend the program Saturday night, aptly titled "So You Want to be a LC?"

No comments:

Post a Comment