In Other Words, How We're Working To Stay First & Finest Forever
By: Jackie Mills, Co-Recruitment Director, District IV
|Yeah, we're kind of a big deal. We definitely took |
over The Renaissance Concourse Hotel.
1. Each of the six District Teams spent the day collaborating on everything from district-specific projects to chapter goals/expectations to Grand Council initiatives to throwing a baby shower and even having a candle pass! (Told you that IOs have a lot of fun!)
2. In the District IV Team Meeting (and I believe this happened in all Districts), every officer introduced updates from their programming meetings on Friday and any changes that would be instituted in the coming year.
3. In a new approach, all of the Districts used a matrix grid from corporate America to help identify chapter strengths and weaknesses. Very cool tool--and a neat way to merge professional strategies with volunteer responsibilities.
4. I enjoyed hearing all the ideas and rapid-fire brainstorming that happened as our District Team tackled unique chapter situations or programming issues--it's amazing what a group of ADPis from across the country can do. Don't forget that!!
5. I loved seeing how much goes on behind-the-scenes to makes sure chapters are getting the resources they need to succeed. It takes sure takes a ton of committed IOs, dedicated advisors, and motivated collegians to make sure ADPi continues to dominate!
So, if you ever wondered what IOs do on their days at LS, now you know!! Questions? Reach out @JackieSueMills